Independent Non-Executive Director Services in the UAE
Waystone Compliance Solutions provides specialist services to clients across the whole financial services spectrum, offering high-quality, corporate governance through experienced, independent professionals, supported by advanced governance technology.
Increasingly, we are aware that both the FSRA and the DFSA are requiring that firms seeking a regulatory licence in the ADGM or DIFC respectively, appoint an Independent Non-Executive Director to the board of locally incorporated entities. Our regional team of dedicated compliance professionals, based in the UAE, have been providing compliance and regulatory services in the Middle East for over fifteen years, guiding companies through the complexities of financial services regulation.
This service will provide Independent Non-Executive Directors to UAE regulated financial institutions and will include the following:
- preparation for, and attendance at, four board meetings per year
- providing regulatory and strategic business advice on a broad range of issues
- providing additional ad hoc support to the Board on request, subject to an additional fee.
Please note that, for conflict management purposes, and to ensure independence, we cannot provide such services to firms that we are currently, or have been within the two prior years, providing other outsourced services.
A unique service offering
Our team of Independent Non-Executive Directors comprises our most senior consultants, offering extensive experience operating in C-Level capacities in firms both in the region and internationally. Working in an advisory capacity, the Independent Non-Executive Director can advise on processes, controls and corporate governance and act as a sounding board, using a vast skill set gained from many years of working with firms and alongside the regulators within the UAE.
Why choose Waystone Compliance Solutions?
- front to back knowledge of business operations
- ability to tap into decades of experience to provide solutions to issues faced by businesses
- offering specific, regional knowledge
- providing independent oversight and comfort to shareholders and regulators
- a trusted and experienced service provider with a proven track record in providing corporate governance and compliance services within the Middle East region.
To find out more about our Independent Non-Executive Directorship Service within the ADGM, you can download our fact sheet, or contact us below.