Cyber Security Solutions
Cyber security is becoming an increasing focal point for all global regulators. In response, we have established a dedicated cyber security solution.
The financial services industry is a significant target for cyber security compliance criminals, perhaps second only to the federal government. Creating a robust cyber security compliance program that incorporates technology professionals and processes as early as possible in the lifecycle of a firm is essential to ensure that good practices and habits are created and embedded from a firm’s inception.
The impact of cyber security breaches
The following most recent cyber security statistics highlight the importance of implementing a cyber security program:
- it is estimated that cyber crime costs the world over US$6trillion in 2021
- 60% of mid-size businesses go out of business within six months of a security breach
- 95% of cyber security breaches are caused by human error
- stolen credentials cause 61% of security and data breaches
- there is a material shortage of cyber security professionals worldwide
- remote working has had a costly effect on data breaches.
Our cyber security services
Similar to expertise sought from legal and audit professionals, cyber & data protection expertise should sit alongside these functions. Fund boards must ensure that they are well equipped to deal with cyber security issues. Our cyber security solution includes the following:
- incident response planning and cyber crisis support
- cyber awareness training for leadership teams and staff
- policy review and development
- penetration testing, social engineering, threat assessments/research
- supply chain review/audit
- DPO as a service
- CISO as a service
- GDPR assessments/assistance.
Cyber Security Solutions for the European Board Room
The increasing cyber security threat posed to investment advisers and funds has led to European regulators to implement robust safeguards. This is providing a range of challenges for board members as they endeavour to manage a highly-technical subject for which they have a legal responsibility.
US Cyber Security Solutions
Waystone Compliance Solutions is an ISO27001-certified consultancy dedicated to delivering the highest quality of information security and data protection advisory and support services to its clients.
Cyber Security Specialist Services
As the regulatory and compliance landscape has evolved in recent years in response to growing threats to cyber security, the responsibility has shifted to organisations to ensure that their systems and supply chains are performing as expected.