Financial Crime Prevention
There are many ways in which you can be exposed to furthering financial crime.
Many organisations concentrate on the more obvious crimes such as money laundering and terrorist financing, however, you should be aware that financial crime is much wider than this and can include, fraud, insider dealing, market abuse, bribery and corruption, cybercrime and even theft.
Our suite of financial crime prevention services can reassure you that you are adequately managing the associated risks of financial crime in line with regulatory requirements.
Our financial crime prevention consultancy includes:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CFT) – a full review and overhaul of your AML systems and controls, including training
- anti-bribery and corruption – reviewing and implementing fundamental controls to manage bribery and corruption risks
- MLRO reporting – ensuring the MLRO is aware of their regulatory requirements and establishing procedures to ensure these are adequately met
- whistleblowing – a review of the whistleblowing procedures in place to ensure that the employees understand and have confidence with these procedures
- transaction monitoring – assisting you to build a transaction monitoring programme including designing the compliance monitoring programme to review transactions for insider dealing and market abuse and establishing alerts to identify particular suspicious trading patterns
- review of internal controls – this will include segregation of responsibilities, oversight and audit controls, corporate governance and management reporting
- financial crime risk assessment – a comprehensive review of your financial crime prevention framework and remediating any gaps or weaknesses to prepare you for regulatory visits
- sanctions compliance – the provision of tools and training to ensure that your employees are adhering to sanction restrictions and subsequent reporting requirements.