SCA Focus Series
Our SCA Focus Series will provide detailed guidance on the investment business regulations of the Securities and Commodities Authority of the UAE and detailed information on the application processes.
Issues will be released periodically throughout the year.
Distribution and Promotion of Foreign Funds in the UAE
In this briefing note, you will find guidance to the questions we are asked most frequently and, as most potential investors will be located ‘onshore’, we will concentrate on the requirements that apply ‘onshore’ rather than within the financial free zones of the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”) and the Abu Dhabi Global Market (“ADGM”).
This download includes guidance on the following questions:
- I am a fund manager established in the EU and I am looking to market my funds in the UAE. Do I need to obtain regulatory approval for my funds?
- What exactly is reverse solicitation? Do I have to provide evidence of investor approach?
- Can I promote my funds to regulated financial services businesses in the UAE without first having the funds registered with the SCA?
- If I get my funds registered with the SCA will I need any more licences to be able to promote my funds freely in the UAE?
- I am a Fund Manager regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (“DFSA”) and my funds are registered in the DIFC. Do I also need to register my funds with the SCA and obtain a licence under the PIRs in order to market my funds ‘onshore’?
The Process for Registering a New Fund with the SCA
This briefing note sets out the steps involved in obtaining SCA registration for funds, and the fees and charges associated with that process.
- This download includes guidance on the following:
- Overview of fund registration process with the SCA
- General conditions for registration of a foreign investment fund for promotion in the UAE
- Special conditions with respect to public offerings of a fund
- Special conditions with respect to private offering of a fund
- Special conditions regarding the Local Promoter(s)
- Required Documents
- The cost of Registering a Fund with the SCA.
The next edition in our SCA Focus Series will be:
- Promotion and Introduction Permissions
If you require guidance on the regulations of the Securities and Commodities Authority of the UAE, please contact us today.