MAS Regulations & Compliance Training for Fund Managers
Our MAS Course is recognised by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF).
MAS Online Training Course
Fund management activities in Singapore are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) under the Securities and Futures Act. Entities engaged in these activities must either hold a Capital Market Services (CMS) Licence for fund management as a Licensed Fund Management Company (LFMC), Venture Capital Fund Manager (VCFM), be registered as Registered Fund Management Company (RFMC) or be expressly exempted from holding a CMS licence. Our training provides an overview of the fund management regime in Singapore and the business conduct requirements that are applicable to the fund managers. Fund management professionals will cover topics such as ethics, rules and regulations, in line with the standards set out in the Securities and Futures Act (SFA) for the regulated activity of fund management.
The course is delivered by live webinar and runs for 90 minutes. PowerPoint slides will be shared after the training session.
Course duration and structure
This MAS Course is expected to run for a total of 150 minutes:
- The main course with case studies runs for 120 minutes
- The assessment takes around 30 minutes to complete
MAS regulation training course outline
In general, the course will cover the following topics:
- an introduction to regulatory framework
- licensing requirements
- responsibilities of senior management
- financial requirements
- business conduct requirements
- AML/CFT, KYC and enterprise-wide risk assessment
- marketing of funds
- corporate governance and ethics
- technology risk management and cyber security
- case studies.
On completing this course, individuals will be able to:
- understand a summary of ethics, rules and regulations applicable to regulated fund managers
- obtain an overview of the regulatory framework and fund management licensing regime in Singapore
- understand business conduct and financial requirements applicable to fund managers and fund management professionals
- understand money laundering/terrorism financing risks faced by fund managers
- understand a summary of customer due diligence obligations of fund managers
- identify key risks such technology and cyber security risks applicable to fund managers.
Nithi Genesan, is the Director of Compliance in the Singapore operation of Waystone Compliance Solutions and has over 15 years experience working in the financial sector.
Who should attend?
All officers and employees of currently or intending to be licensed, regulated fund management companies in Singapore, such as:
- board of directors and senior management
- compliance officers and managers
- personnel involved in customer onboarding, investor relations and customer facing including client services management teams
- all other employees.
Assessment and certificate
A certificate of 2.5 hours of supplementary CPD hours will be provided to those who complete the course and pass the assessment. The training and assessment will be conducted via webinar and a passing mark for the quiz is 12 out of 15 MCQ questions. Dial-in details and a link to the assessment will be sent in advance of the course.
Assessments take around 30 minutes to complete and must be completed in participants own time within 5 business days after the training session. Participants will have to tries to pass the assessment.
Eligible individuals will be able to pay subsidized fees for our training course. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Company-sponsored individuals (where company sponsors refer to financial institutions regulated by Monetary Authority of Singapore);
- Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents physically based in Singapore; and
- Successful completion of the financial training scheme recognised programme (i.e. completion of our course and passing assessment).
If you would like an IBF subsidized fee, you will need to provide us with a copy of your NRIC/Singapore passport for verification.
MAS Course Costs
SGD 171 (incl. GST) * – (Singapore Citizens and PR) excludes 50% of the fees which may be subsidised by IBF, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria, OR
SGD 51 (incl. GST) * – (Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above will be eligible) excludes 90% of the fees which may be subsidised by IBF, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria; OR
SGD 321 (incl. GST) – Full course fee without IBF subsidy.