Intro to MAS Regulations and Compliance for Fund Managers in Singapore (TGS-2022601756)
Course Date: 26th May 2023, 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
Intro to MAS course description
Fund management activities in Singapore are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) under the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”). Entities engaged in these activities must either hold a Capital Market Services Licence for fund management as a Licensed Fund Management Company, Venture Capital Fund Management Company, be registered as Registered Fund Management Company or be expressly exempted from holding a licence.
This programme provides an overview of the fund management regime in Singapore, and the business conduct requirements that are applicable to the regulated fund managers. Fund management professionals are equipped with the knowledge of various topics pertaining to ethics, rules and regulations, in line with the standards set out in the SFA for the regulated activity of fund management.
Intro to MAS course objectives
On completing this course, learners would be able to:
- Understand the summary of ethics, rules and regulations applicable to regulated fund managers
- Obtain an overview of the regulatory framework and fund management licensing regime in Singapore
- Understand business conduct and financial requirements applicable to fund managers and fund management professionals
- Understand money laundering / terrorism financing risks faced by fund managers
- Understand the summary of customer due diligence obligations of fund managers
- Identify key risks such as technology and cyber security risks applicable to fund managers