Introduction to MAS Regulations and Compliance for Fund Managers in Singapore (P210819HIR)
Fund management activities in Singapore are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) under the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”). Entities engaged in these activities must either hold a Capital Market Services Licence for fund management as a Licensed Fund Management Company, Venture Capital Fund Management Company, be registered as Registered Fund Management Company or be expressly exempted from holding a licence.
This programme provides an overview of the fund management regime in Singapore, and the business conduct requirements that are applicable to the regulated fund managers. Fund management professionals are equipped with the knowledge of various topics pertaining to ethics, rules and regulations, inline with the standards set out in the SFA for the regulated activity of fund management.
Mode of Delivery
E-Learning – Live Webinar, (link to be sent to participants closer to training date upon successful registration).
Training slides will be shared after the training session.
Assessment and Certificate
Certificate of 2.5 hours of supplementary CPD hours will be provided to those who complete the course and pass the assessment.
Passing mark for the quiz is 12 out of 15 MCQ questions.
Assessment to be completed in participants own time within 5 business days after the training session. Participants will be able to have 2 tries to pass the assessment. Assessment takes around 30 minutes to complete.
Cost per Attendee
SGD 171 (incl. GST) * – (Singapore Citizens and PR) excludes 50% of the fees which may be subsidised by IBF, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria, OR
SGD 51 (incl. GST) * – (Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above will be eligible) excludes 90% of the fees which may be subsidised by IBF, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria; OR
SGD 321 (incl. GST) – Full course fee without IBF subsidy.
Terms and Policies
Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. – Course Fees Refund Policy
Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. – Complaints and Appeals Policy
Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. – Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy
- Understand summary of ethics, rules and regulations applicable to regulated fund managers
- Obtain overview of regulatory framework and fund management licensing regime in Singapore
- Understand business conduct and financial requirements applicable to fund managers and fund management professionals
- Understand money laundering / terrorism financing risks faced by fund managers
- Understand summary of customer due diligence obligations of fund managers
- Identify key risks such technology and cyber security risks applicable to fund managers
Who should attend
All officers and employees of currently or intending to be licensed, regulated fund management companies in Singapore such as:
- Board of directors and senior management
- Compliance officers and managers
- Personnel involved in customer onboarding, investor relations and customer facing including client services management teams
- All other employees
In general, the course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Regulatory Framework
- Licensing Requirements
- Responsibilities of Senior Management
- Financial Requirements
- Business Conduct Requirements
- AML/CFT, KYC and Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment
- Marketing of Funds
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Technology Risk Management and Cyber Security
The course is expected to run for 150 minutes.
Main course with case studies – 120 minutes
Assessment to be completed in participants own time within 5 business days after the training session. Assessment takes around 30 minutes to complete.
Date and Time of Course
23rd September 2022
2.30 pm to 5.00 pm
Eligible individuals will be able to pay subsidized fees for our training course. Please refer to IBF’s Financial Training Scheme for more details.
The following criteria must be met by eligible individuals
- Company-sponsored individuals (where company sponsors refer to financial institutions regulated by Monetary Authority of Singapore);
- Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents physically based in Singapore; and
- Successful completion of the financial training scheme recognised programme (i.e. completion of our course and passing assessment).
Participants who would like to enjoy IBF subsidized fee, please note that Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte Ltd. would require a copy of your NRIC / Singapore passport for verification of eligibility.
Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte Ltd. would require participants who are eligible for IBF subsided fee to pay the reduced fees upon registration. After successful registration Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte Ltd. will contact you via email and/or call to verify your eligibility and obtain necessary documents. If participants do not meet the eligibility criteria set out by IBF, participants would be required to pay full course fees in order to take part in the training course. Refund will not be provided on any amount of course fees paid.
Please note that Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte Ltd. complies with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act requirements.
Please refer here for more information on claims submission procedures.
Who is Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Waystone Compliance Solutions (Singapore) Pte Ltd. formerly known as Argus Global. We are a global regulatory compliance consulting firm with a strong local presence in Singapore wherein almost all our clients are either regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) or are desirous to be regulated by them. A majority of our clients are Asset / Fund Managers across the various regimes of MAS. We are part of the Waystone group (www.waystone.com), the leading service provider of Risk, Compliance and Governance solutions globally to the asset management industry. We take care of the entire life-cycle of regulated entities:
- Setup the appropriate corporate structure in Singapore and take care of the corporate statutory compliance
- Assist in Registration / Licensing Application with MAS
- Help Build/Amend/Review Compliance Policy and procedures as befitting the regulated status of the entity
- Take care of ongoing compliance for regulated entity from a MAS perspective. This empowers you to concentrate on your core business while we take care of compliance for you
- Conduct Internal Audits specifically tailored from a compliance perspective
- Conduct Compliance Training
Please note that photographs and/or video will be taken at the event. By taking part in this event, you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the company objectives. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and any other purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please inform event organiser.